Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Roar of Trucks in the Morning

It's Saturday morning in Las Vegas. I hear the roar of a truck somewhere in the neighborhood. I'm not sure whether it is the garbage truck, the recyclable truck, or just an ordinary truck. It's about 6:30 AM and today is recyclable day in my neighborhood. At least, I think it's recyclable day.

They pick up the recyclables every other Saturday morning in this section of Las Vegas. January 3 was the last recyclable pick up; therefore, this is the Saturday that is scheduled for recyclable collection. We separate the recyclables into cans and plastic bottles, paper and glass. Last night, a friend took all of the recyclables in my garage to the curb.

I'm going to have to put the recyclable day on my planning calendar. If I don't then I normally don't get the recyclable bens carried to the curb because I forget the dates of the collection.

The roar of truck in the morning
remind me that recyclable day is here,
reminds me to look at my carbon footprint
and make it less visible on the earth.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9