Thursday, January 08, 2009

A writer should always follow her gut instinct

Actually everyone person should follow his or her gut instinct because in 99.9% of the instances the gut feeling occurs there is a good reason to follow it. Most people ignore thier gut instinct and that is when they have problems.

I have figured out that all of my problems are caused by one of four things.
  1. I did not follow my gut instinct
  2. I procrastinated
  3. I was unable to say No
  4. God loves me and gives me tests to develop my soul's wings

Following the gut instinct is important for writers because either it keeps us out of trouble or it gives us ideas to incorporate into our writing. Following the gut instinct, like making a fresh pot of coffee in the morning, is an essential part of a writer's day. Life is too short to ignore the gut instinct, which our ancestors developed during the process of survival. The gut instinct, in most cases, keeps us out of trouble and allows us to live for another day.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9