Sunday, January 11, 2009

Writing a Grocery List

Now I know why my Grandmother always made a grocery list during the week. Grandma and Grandpa Newland went grocery shopping on Thursday or Friday afternoons. They never went to the store between grocery trips unless it was an emergency, i.e. unexpected visitors.

I have never made a grocery list because I could always drive to the store during the week or after work and buy what I forgot. However, that is not a good option anymore because of the gas prices and the fact that I sometimes take a bus. Going to the store for things I forgot is becoming too expensive (gas prices) or too inconvenient (taking the bus). I am going to have to make a list starting today.

As it is, I am going to have to go to the store for something I forgot to get yesterday. I cannot leave it until the next trip because it is an essential. My only excuse, which does not hold water, is that I did not check to see if we needed the item. I am going to have to go to the store for toilet paper.

I am a writer and you would think that I could remember to get an essential paper item. I forgot, so I am going to have to go to the store after it. I am going to go to Food 4 Less because that and the 99-cent only stores are the place I buy most of my groceries. It's cheaper to go to Food 4 Less and get an 8 or 12 count package then a 4 count package of toilet paper. No more, I am making a grocery list beginning today.

Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9