Thursday, January 15, 2009

January is half over

January is half over and there is about thirty days until the T.V. broadcasting changes. I will no longer have a television. I will still have a T.V. set, but I won't be able to watch because it won't pick up the broadcast. I'm not sure whether I will be happy or sad about that. In order to pick up the broadcast, I'll have to get a new T.V. set.

The priority now is a new refrigerator and DSL, in that order. I need a new fridge because the one I have is on its "last legs". I need DSL because I'm sick of the slow download time and I could get more work if I had DSL rather then a regular phone hook up to the Internet. This means that a television set is last on the priority list. And it may go down even farther if my keyboard keeps acting up.

My computer keyboard misses letter periodically. This means I have to go back and type them in, which cuts down on the amount of words I write. It also causes me to forget what the next word, sentence or line should be when I'm working on a poem. I guess I will miss the T.V. set but I'm not sure there is anything I can do about it right now.

In addition, to a new fridge and DSL, my mother needs a hearing aid in both ears and she has cataracts. Both the hearing aid and cataract surgery are expensive. Therefore, they are going to go ahead of the television and probably other things as well, with the exception of the fridge.

My only entertainment may be on line and writing from now on. I'm still going to have to find something to entertain Mom. All thought, my mother does enjoy house cleaning, doing laundry and dishes. There is only so much housework, which she can do in a day. I think we will miss the daily news more then anything else.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9