Saturday, January 03, 2009

One Writer's Reflections on 2008

2008 was both an interesting and stressful year. All interesting years are stressful because boring and mundane years are uneventful. Many happened in the world and in my life during 2008.

The most interesting event during 2008 was the U.S. Presidential Election. America has a new president, which will make for some interesting headlines and late night comments in 2009. The next most interesting event in America was the gas prices. The best thing that I can say for the price of gas was that it reminded me of a yo-yo.

In my personal life, I had all my upper teeth pulled and a new false plate put in. The dentures should generate numerous poems. I may even use them in a short story or a piece of flash fiction. I haven't decided yet. In addition, I got a new job. On the down side I didn't get as much writing done as I wanted, but I did learn a great deal about myself and the way I work.

For an eventful, interesting and stressful year, 2008 wasn't that bad a year. Last year could have been worse. All though, I suppose you can say that for any year in which the economy goes down and people are looking for jobs.

I'm going to look for ways that I can make 2009 a better year. I suspect improvement in 2009 will come on individual levels and each person needs to find ways to make the year better.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9