Sunday, January 04, 2009

I wrote my first Personal-Ku yesterday

A Personal-Ku is a form of poetry. It is a variation of a Haiku and AmeriKu (I am going to have to research this form). To write a Personal-Ku, you take the syllables of your first, middle and last names, which become the syllable count of the poem's lines. My information for the form comes from a writing.com poetry contest called Personal-Ku. The Personal-Ku can have one or more stanzas.

My first, middle, and last name all have two syllables in them. This gives my Personal-Ku a total syllable count of six, with two syllables for each line. The poem I wrote yesterday had to do with my dentures and shrinking gums. I am going to write a new poem for this entry.

Hot black
Coffee
Heaven.

Note to Poets: If you are not sure about the syllable count of a word look it up in a dictionary or go to Dictionary.com to check the number of syllables.

Labels: , , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9