Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Reading while waiting for the bus

I'm taking the Paratransit bus to work and home again. I have a lot of time to wait for the bus, which has been late everyday this week. The book I'm reading while waiting for the bus is In the Palm of Your Hand by Steve Kowit. This is a portable workshop for poets and gives exercises in each chapter about writing poems.

I have a pen and paper journal with me so that I can answer the question in the chapters or work on the exercises. I also put any ideas or poems I come up with in the journal. I have a lot of time on my hands waiting for the bus. Even reading and writing in a journal, waiting for a bus is tiresome. However, when I do get a car I will continue to take the bus to and from work.

True waiting for a bus takes time, but reading and writing poetry does help the waiting time pass quickly. I do get a lot less done at home or on line, but I think once I get the routine down then I will get more done. I don't sleep well anyway, so I can always get up and do house work or get on line rather then lay in bed and stare out the window or at the ceiling.

Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9