Saturday, November 15, 2008

I no longer have a working car

I think I've posted in this blog before about my car. It's sitting in my driveway not working. I have put over $200.00 into it this year and I can't afford to put anymore. I don't think I could afford to put that much in it, but I did. Anyway, I have decided to take all my stuff out of the car and donate it to a worthy cause.

This means that we will be without a car for sometime to come. I'm going to have to find a car that I can afford to buy without high payments, which means I'm going to be without a car for a long time. This of course, does save on gas since I won't have a car I won't have to buy gas. All right, my sense of humor is borderline. I have a good excuse though, I have been out socially since the car went out last month. Perhaps longer then that since the price of gas prevented us (my mother and myself) from going a lot of places we used to go.

As soon as I get the car cleaned out and remember where I filed the title (all right so my filing system is creative) I will call one of the groups that takes donations and ask them to come get the car. I have one more tow on my AAA and I'm not going to use any more towes for this car. The problem is the water pump and the timing belt. If the engine isn't damaged then it may be fixable. If the engine is damaged who know. It's a four cylinder engine so who know whether it worth it or not.

One thing about not having the car fixed, I'll have a lot more time to write and work on line. I suppose every situation has its good and bad points. Fortunately, both my mother and I are qualified for Paratransit. The people I work for will pay for my ride to work., so that does help a bit.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9