Thursday, August 07, 2008

It’s Like Pulling Teeth

I don't understand the old saying "It's like pulling teeth." I was under the impression it mean a job was painful and difficult. However, I just had two teeth pulled, which brings the total teeth in my mouth down to 13 and 1/2. The process was neither painful nor apparently difficult. Those teeth came out without any problem.

I have another appointment on August 29 to have more teeth extracted. I'm looking forward to going to the dentist and the process of having my teeth pulled. Eventually the dentist will pull all my teeth, which is what happens when one doesn't take care of their teeth in their youth. I'm also looking forward to getting several poems out of this experience. I may also put the experience in a story.

The doctor give me a prescription for pain medication, I took one last night before going to bed. So if there was pain, the pill worked and I slept well. This morning there isn't any pain in the part of my mouth he pulled the teeth. There is a slight pain in another tooth, which may come out next time, especially if it keeps bugging me.

I'm 61 years old and I don't remember every looking forward to a dental appointment or having teeth pulled. That in itself, should be an intriguing subject for a poem. I tried wrote a poem yesterday about having the teeth pulled, but it didn't turn out the way I expected. I'm going to have to write another poem, maybe try comparing having teeth pulled to something else besides a lost love.

I'm going to have all my teeth pulled, dentures put in and I'm looking forward to the dental appointments. I can't get over the fact that I'm not stressing out over the process, this is probably something I should explore in my off line journal.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9