Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Time to Write a Christmas Poem

1 Masa'il 164 B.E. - Wednesday, December 12, 2007 about 2:43 PM PST

It's that time of year again, time to write a Christmas poem. I don't celebrate Christmas, so I don't know why I write Christmas poems. There are aspects of the season that I like and that bring back pleasant memories of my childhood. There are also things about the season that bring back unpleasant childhood memories.

I think this year I'm going to write a poem on Christmas yard art. I enjoy seeing the beautifully decorated yards at Christmas. When I was young, my grandfather always drove us around Blackwell to see the yard decorations. The decorations today are much more sophisticated then those I saw as a child, but they are no less beautiful.

I think this year I'll focus on a neighbors yard and write a poem about it. Every year he decorates the yard for his grandchildren and the decorations get more beautiful each year. I think I'll bundle up and walk down the street after dark to look at the lights. They are so beautiful and in so many different shapes.

My Grandpa Newland would love to drive around Las Vegas and look at the yards decorated for Christmas. Every time I see a yard with a Christmas theme I think of Grandpa. He enjoyed Christmas and I enjoyed Christmas when I was with Grandpa and Grandma Newland.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9