Thursday, December 06, 2007

Morning is great for writing

14 Qawl 164 B.E. - Thursday, December 6, 2007 about 8:45 AM PST

Morning is great for writing because the day is fresh and the ideas come easier. Ideas just pop into my mind in the morning. Some of them are usable immediately, while other need a bit of work to develop. I find ideas come easier to me after prayer, especially after I've recited the Tablet of Ahmad. Other writers' have a different time to write and get ideas. Each writer has to find his or her own method of idea generation and writing time.

True I didn't get up as early this morning as I would have like, but that's all right. I can always attempt to get up earlier tomorrow. It's not that I don't wake up before dawn. The problem is I lay there focusing on the cold, early morning is cold in the desert. Early morning is cold in the house because I turn the central heat down at night.

Since I'm going to continue turning the heat down at night, I have to find another method to get myself up of a morning. The method I'm using now, which is to have the clock radio on a talk station. The host of the show is a man, a male voice in a house full of women normally gets me up, but not any more. I think I'll change the station and try something else for a while.

If I get up before dawn I can write more and easier. There are less distraction getting up before dawn. Early mornings before dawn seem a more spiritual time, more tranquil. If I have to I can write anytime of day, but it's easier to write in the morning.

Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9