Tuesday, October 02, 2007

In the cool of the evening

Evening has arrived in Las Vegas and I can see part of the western sky from my living room window. The sun has set, the sky is pale almost gray-white. One solar day is ending and another beginning. That seems to be the way life is one phase ends and another begins. That's really what life is all about beginnings and endings.



Right now I'm having difficulty with an ending, I have Earth colonist on a planet in another galaxy. Have only two groups to get onto the planet. That's the problem I don't know what to do with one of the groups or where to put them. OK, so this is my own fault. I didn't begin the novel with a plan, instead I just started writing. That method didn't work very well this time. Actually this method only worked once.



In 2005 I joined NaNoWriMo for the first time. I completed the 50,000-word novel. I didn't have a plan, but I did have insomnia. I think that's why I completed the novel in thirty days without a plan. It's amazing what a write can do when she can't sleep. The problem with that novel is the rewrite. I didn't have a plan, I didn't start out with the proper chapter. The rewrite is giving me fits.



I have a lot more going on in my life than in 2005. It's amazing what a different just two years will make. I think the best solution with the unfinished novel is to start writing and not stop until I get the colonist onto the planet. I'll have to concentrate on it, maybe give it a single day without any interruptions. The problem is I don't have a day without any interruptions any more. I also don't have insomnia and drinking coffee doesn't keep me awake at all.



I'm planning the 2007 novel. I set up my planning document today on writing.com, but I set the access to group only. I'm a member of the writing.com group NaNoWriMists. They are the only ones who can see my outline. I'm going to get back on in a few minutes and add some more to the plan. I found the notes I made on the idea I'm working on for this novel. Most of the notes have to do with the main character, but I can work from that. Her motives are clear and that's what's important.
  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9