Sunday, September 16, 2007

Working on 101 Things to do in 1001 days

9 'Izzat 164 B.E. - Sunday, September 16, 2007 about 1:00 PM PDT

I've completed two of the things on my 101 Things to d in 1001 Days. The two iVillage course I completed last week, before the deadline. I completed one of them on September 13 and waiting until the last minute isn't a good idea. I've know this for sometime, but every now and then I wait until the last minute.

I bought a new mop. It's a spaghetti map. It's easier to use than a sponge mop, especially when getting up the hard spots from spilling stuff and the like. It still takes a little "elbow grease" to get up the difficult places, but it's a lot nicer to use then a sponge mop. The only problem I foresee is wringing it out. I have to do that by hand, which means I have to use rubber gloves when I'm mopping because I put bleach in my mop water. Actually I'm going to have to get some Pine Sole or something similar to put in the water. At this point, I'm using bleach and laundry detergent to mop the floor.

I'm finding some of the 101 things a bit difficult, but persistence will win out. I visualize myself as determined. Everyone should have a vision of themselves. Everyone should have one spiritual attribute that he or she wants to reflect to the world and mine is determination. I must admit that the determination sometimes becomes bull head stubbornness, but it does get stuff done.

My biggest problem in achieving my goals is my inner critic. All writers' have an inner critic, that voice in their head that tells them whatever they are writing is trash or junk and nobody will read it. The inner critic comes out in several ways and rears its ugly head when the writer gets depressed and is having difficulty with writing and anything else worthwhile in life. My inner critic seems especially persistence when it comes to goal. However, since I've achieved two of the goals I can with determination and patience achieve the rest.
  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9