Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Hot Java



I read at the 9th Annual Ladies Poetry Night on Tuesday, September 18. The poems I read were all new and written in responses to prompts. My mother also read at that event.
At the reJAVAnate the large coffee is called a Java Junkie. I like that name for a large cup of coffee. The large cup Mom and I ordered was Cafe Mocha. That's our favorite type of coffee, when we go to coffee houses. I don't always order a Cafe Mocha, but last night was special. It's the first poetry reading either Mom or I read in, at least, the last six or eight months.
One of the poems I read was Caffeine Withdrawal. I've written at least two poems about going without coffee for several days or even weeks. I've also written several poems about drinking coffee. In fact, I think I'll do a little research on coffee and caffeine and write another poem.
  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9