Friday, August 24, 2007

Being on The Inside

5 Asma 164 B.E. - August 24, 2007

Daily Writing Prompt Write about being on the inside.

I'm on the inside looking out watching the breeze blow through the stone pine tree. It's not much of a wind today. The limbs sway gently above the open garage door. It's cool in the house, but when I go out it's a bit warm. I haven't listened to the news today so I don't know how warm it's suppose to get.

I like sitting on the inside looking out. When I was a child in Oklahoma I always sit in my Grandparent's living room and looked out the window into their front yard. They didn't have a picture window like one the I'm looking out now. It was just an ordinary old fashion window that one raised to open. I like looking out that window in winter.

I remember sitting on the inside looking out at the snow that covered the front yard, the road and the airport across the street. It was always so warm in the living room in winter. Warm and safe, nothing dangerous ever came into my Grandparent's living room.

That's how I think of being on the inside warm and safe. However, you can't stay warm and safe forever. Sometimes one has to get out into the cold dangerous world and take a chance on living life to the fullest. Warm and safe is alright when you're a child, but when you get to be an adult it's different. You can't achieve your goals if you remain on the inside looking out. If you remain warm and safe.
  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9