Sunday, September 11, 2016

Fifteen Years Later

Fifteen years ago today, on September 11, 2001, our world suddenly changed. Two plane struck the Twin Towers in New York City. I visited New York a couple of years or so before the Towers were destroyed. I remember looking up at them, from wherever I was in New York City. I remember thinking I'd never seen anything so tall.  I didn't go to visit them while I was there, which I regretted later. 

September 11, 2001, I didn't hear about what happened until I arrived at work. At that time we, Mom and I, lived in the house on Bracken Avenue. Mom worked at the Old Showboat on Boulder Highway and I worked at the Henderson Campus of the Community College. I had gotten up late, so I wasn't able to watch the morning news before I left for work. After I got to work, I called Mom to turn on the news so she could hear what happened.  

Every  year, on September 11, I remember that day. Every year I write something about it in one of my blogs. The first year, I wrote a poem. On the one year anniversary I wrote another poem. I haven't written a poem about it since. I contemplate writing a poem, but I can't seem to find anything new to say about it. Perhaps I should try writing a personal essay about it. 

Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 1 Comments

  • 1 Comments:

    Blogger Unknown said...

    Very well said, Neva.

    2:14 PM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9