Monday, September 05, 2016

Motivational Monday: Today's motivation a writing prompt

Today my writing motivation is a writing prompt sent to my writing.com inbox by the Blog City blogging group on writing.com. I'm responding to the prompt in this blog because I used Labor Day prompts in my writing.com blog Melting Snow. The prompt is "What do you do to adapt to change as a writer? Did any life changes have demanded or can demand such an adaptation? " 

I say prayers and meditate to help me adapt to change. I also use free writing to assist in the process. When I use free writing I set a time limit of five or ten minutes. The time limit forces me to write without thinking about what I'm writing. I can write for about ten minutes before I have stop, reread and then edit  what I've written. Through the editing process I discover the theme or subject that is most important at a given point in time. 

The main life change that caused me to adapt was first becoming my mother's caregiver and then her death. I suspect the next thing that will influence my writing is the presidential election in November. This year's election has caused me to do a lot of thinking about my political views. I used to think I was a conservative, but I now realize that I lean toward the liberal. I'm registered nonpartisan, which suggest impartial or unbiased view. The problem is that the speeches I've heard and the ads I've seen are neither impartial nor unbiased and I can't seem to find anything that reveals the truth of what the candidates are saying with their speeches or ads. 

The events happening in America and across the world are having an influence on my writing. These events are causing me to adapt my writing so that it is more inline with my changing attitudes. The only thing I can do is pray and meditate on a subject followed by a free write to see how my attitudes and writings are changing. 


Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9