Saturday, May 07, 2016

Creation Saturday: Poems and Other Misdemeanors

All right, the title of this blog sounds like a good name for a poetry chapbook. I don't think that writing poetry is a "minor wrongdoing", but it does take up time. Writing poetry is also a good reason to procrastinate when it come to icky household chores such a cleaning the toilet. This is a job I never liked, but which is necessary to keep from embarrassing ones self when friend call. 

Do I hear gunshots 
Or just a car backfiring 
No sirens echoing 

That would be a good poem to include in a chapbook about poetic misdemeanors. I wrote that poem last night before going to bed. I never did find out whether they were gunshots or backfires. I have a good reason for not finding out. It was dark outside, even with street lights turned on, it was dark outside so I did not open the door to find out what was going on. The truth is I really do not care what was going on because if I was called to jury duty about whatever it was I would have to remember the incident and would be unable to serve on the jury. 

Trash collection day 
Garbage trucks are patrolling 
My neighborhood 

This is Saturday, which is trash collection day in my neighborhood. I hear the garbage trucks moving through the alleys and down the streets emptying trash receptacles. It's about 5:55 AM and they are out there making noise. Of course, the trash trucks are not the only ones disturbing the silence. Someone was playing their radio or something this morning about 4:30 AM, but then it is Saturday so what else does one expect. 

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9