Thursday, July 02, 2015

Thursday Thoughts on Predawn Thunderstorms

I woke up at 2:00 am and could not get back to sleep. I thought the reason was the humidity, but no I am not sure. Thunder could be the culprit. It rained this morning, a nice cooling rain before dawn. I stood in the door and watch the street lights glisten on the wet asphalt. I listed to the thunder rolls. I watched the raindrops fall. It was a beautiful and pleasant experience.


Predawn thunderstorm
the asphalt glistens under
Las Vegas street light.

The only problem with this morning's rain was the humidity, which made the temperature feel warmer then it was. This morning 81 degrees felt like 84 degrees. I have to turn the air conditioner on to remain comfortable. Fortunately, the unit is set on ECO MODE so it turns itself off when a specific temperature is reached. I have the temperature sit at 78 degrees and it will remain there because it is difficult for me to change the temperature.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9