Thursday, June 25, 2015

Thursday Thoughts: A Beautiful Triple Digit Day in Las Vegas

Summer in Las Vegas is hot. Today the predicted high is 111 degrees. Since we hit this temperature last week there are no extreme heat warnings this week. That is all right with me because I plan to remain inside. I have too much work to do around here to get out and spend half the day running around Las Vegas.


A beautiful day
triple digit temperatures
reason to stay home.

I do not have cool air in my car so remaining home is nice. The only time will leave the house today is to check the mail this afternoon. I have not decided if I am taking the trash to the alley today. It is a little after 9:00 am now and I usually take the trash out between 6:30 and 7:30 because the temperatures are pleasant. This morning I had lower back and knee pain because I had to unpack and install a new printer. As a result I took a pain bill and then a nap. The pain is gone, but I am still groggy from the pain pill. If I am still groggy when the postman comes about 11:00 then I will just check the mailbox and wait until Friday morning to take the trash out.

A beautiful day
to remain inside and write
poetry or short stories.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9