Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Wednesday Word: Inspiration

Inspiration everywhere!
All I do is pull up a chair,
pour myself a cup of strong back coffee
and watch the steam rising from the cup.

Where do I get my inspiration? I get it from everywhere. I review a poem and I find inspiration in one of the lines or stanza. I read someone else's review of on of my stories or poems and I get inspiration for a story or poem (usually a poem). I open the door in the morning, listen to the birds sing, a rooster crow, or watch the pigeons scavenging in the gutter. I listen to the neighbor's music and I get inspiration.

Inspiration everywhere!
Today the weather is fair
and the temperature
in the low 70s;
an inspiration to the bids,
the neighborhood cats
and dog
who inspire some of my odds,

Where do I get my inspiration? Washing dishes inspires me to write rhymed thank you notes. The memory of past lovers inspires me to write bitter love poems. I sit down with a cup of coffee and am inspired to write a story. I say a prayer and write a poem about God's Glory. I go to a spiritual service and write a poem about the soul.

A bird is singing
Expressing its gratitude
On a windy day

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9