Monday, March 23, 2015

Monday Motivation: Motivation for the week of March 22 to March 28, 2015

I was away from home most of Saturday and Sunday. On Saturday, I went to a Naw-Ruz party at the Las Vegas Baha'i Center here in Las Vegas. Then on Sunday I went to a spiritual service at the center. While I was home, I wrote a poem, a 1,000 plus word short story, finished my edition of the writing.com fantasy newsletter, and did a few short story or poem reviews. I also discovered that the best motivation I had was being behind on my writing with a deadline closing in.

This week I have a form poem and a short story to write. The short story has to be between 1,250 and 2,500 words to write. The form poem is a Rispetto, an Italian rhyming poem containing two quatrain stanzas. I am writing a heroic Rispetto, which uses iambic pentameter rather then iambic tetrameter. I started the poem this morning before I took the trash out to the alley. I have to get back to it after I post this entry because I cannot put off writing either the poem or the story.

The story, which is a romance, is due on Saturday, March 28. The deadline for the poem is Sunday, March 29. Since I will be out of the house all evening Saturday and all day Sunday, I have to get those items finished before 4:00 pm on Saturday. On those days I am going to the Baha'i Center for a Free Seminar titled "Exploring the Meaning of Revelation 3:12".

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9