Friday, September 19, 2014

Fiction Friday: Thinking about October and November

In thirteen days, on October 1, the NaNoWriMo Prep Challenge begins on writing.com. This is thirty-one days of planning for National Novel Writing Month in November. I have already begin brainstorming my novel and even have one character profile story written in my writing.com blog. I did not intend to write this story today, but when I went to respond to the blog prompt nothing else came to mine. Since I could not think of anything else I begin a character profile description which turn into a flash fiction story.

I have my book already have my NaNoWriMo 2014 Prep Challenge book established in my portfolio, but the only thing I have in it is the calendar-check sheet for October. I have been in a semi-positive mood for a a couple of weeks, which means I am attempting to overcome my depressive tendency to procrastinate and look on the dark side. This is not easy for someone who has dealt with depression most of her 67 years of life.

My main goal for October is to spend fifteen-minutes a day planning my NaNoWriMo novel for November. I know I will have to increase my writing time in November from fifteen minutes to thirty-five or forty minutes to meet the 1,667 words a day in November. I will know by the end of October how many words I can write in fifteen minutes, which will give me an idea of how long it will take me to write 1,667 a day in November.


Labels: , , , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9