Thursday, May 22, 2014

Thoughtful Thursday: Iced Teatime

In late spring or early summer I begin thinking about making iced tea. I remember my Grandma Mary made iced tea by boiling water in a teakettle, pouring it over several teabags and waiting for it to steep. Then she would put it in a glass pitcher,  then add water, lemon, and sugar before placing it in the refrigerator to get cold. When she thought the tea was cold enough, she would put ice cubes in a tall glass and pour the tea over it.

I make iced tea by placing five small round teabags either in the carafe or the basket of my coffeemaker. Next I put water in the reservoir, plug the coffeemaker's electrical cord into the socket, and turn the machine on. and wait for the water to run through. I then put ice cubes in my tall portable coffee container and pour the tea over the ice cubes. I sometimes add lemon, but never sugar because if I want sweet tea I prefer honey.

Summer iced teatime
when the cold unsweetened tea
makes a pleasant day

Labels: , , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9