Monday, February 24, 2014

Monday Thoughts on My Word Count Goal

It's after 5:00 pm Pacific Standard Time here in Las Vegas. I still have over 500 words to write before I accomplish my 2,000 word writing goal today. I took my pen and paper journal with me when I went to the doctor this morning. I started a poem, I wrote four lines and that's all I got done. Most of the time I spent in the waiting room was occupied with filling out paper work.

The paper work would be easier to fill out if they had computer terminals for the patients to use in the process. At least it would be easier for me, but I'm not sure how many of the other patients would like it. Most of the people in the waiting room were over 50 years old. I know that has nothing to do with being computer literate because I'm 67 years old and I know my way around a computer and the Internet.

After I got out of the doctor's office, I went to Smith's Food and Drug store to pick up a prescription I dropped off on Friday. Anyway, by the time I got the prescription and bought a few items I was getting tired. I noticed when I got home that I couldn't think because I was tired. After I fixed a couple of piece of fish, it was easier for me to think and to write.

I'll accomplish the word count goal before midnight tonight, but being tired did not help my writing. I have to make myself eat something of a morning before going to doctor's appointments (unless the doctor tells me not to because of tests).

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9