Thursday, January 09, 2014

Thankful Thursday: A Writer's Gratitude

Today, Thursday, January 9, 2012, I am grateful...

1. ...for the sound of the clothes dryer as it drys my clothes. It is an old dryer, so it makes some very interesting noises as it drys the clothes.

2. ...for the native American medicine pouch an old friend made me. My friend dies three or four years ago, so this is a linking abject and I remember him each time I open it.

3. ...that I found my Mother's pink prayer beads because they are a linking object. I have been using my Mother's prayer beads when I chant.

4. ...that I can make hot chocolate with powered milk and Ovaltine©. The chocolate makes the dry milk taste better.

5. ...for my pen and paper journal because I can write in it when I cannot get on the computer. I may be using the journal a lot in the next few weeks.

6. ...that I changed my alarm from 4:00 am to 5:00 am because it's easier to get up at 5:00 am.

7. ...that I have three warm blankets and several sheet to put over me when I sleep because I've got the heat turned off to save on the power bill.

8. ...for the ability to write a poem about each of the items on this list. I just have to find a starting word, sentence, or phrase.

9. ...that I have three trashcans to put the trash in because I'm going to need them this weekend because I want to have everything packed up I'm taking with me.

10. ,,,that I still have a connection to the internet.

Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9