Sunday, December 22, 2013

2013 is winding down

There are nine days left in 2013 and I'm getting tired of all the crap and negativity. I'm seriously considering unfriending several people on Facebook in 2014 because of the negativity. I'm also going to git rid of the negative element in my personal life. I'm looking for positive things that I can add to my life and positive people I can add to my list of friends.

I'll be 67 years old on December 24 and dealing with negativity and crap is becoming more difficult all the time. I dislike my own negative thoughts and am working on becoming more positive. I have decided that if I want to be positive then I have to deal with positive people most of the time. I can handle a little negative without it effecting me, but after a while it becomes too much and I start reacting negatively. I don't like reacting negatively to negative people or situations because it just make matters worse.

I've been thinking about this subject for several days; however, for some reason today was the day the negativity became too much. Perhaps it's a reaction to my upcoming birthday and the realization that I'm not getting any younger. I also suspect that negativity has a detrimental effect on my health. Since I'm going to attempt to take charge of improving my health in 2014, I also think I should take charge of getting rid of the negativity in my life.

I'm also going to try making my writing a little more positive. I may have to make an exception if one of my characters is negative, but otherwise I can work toward making some of my work positive. I know that the world is full of bad and negative events, so I do have to put some of that in my writing. However, I don't have to focus on everything that negative.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9