Friday, December 20, 2013

Friday afternoon and I still haven't finished the chicken soup

I don't think it should take two day to make chicken soup, but then I'm working with only a microwave and an electric skillet; maybe it would take less time if I used a real stove. It would also take less time if I had all my ingredients on hand before I started making the soup. I had to go to the store this morning for carrots and an onion, which I didn't have yesterday when I started the soup.

I have the rest of the 5 lb. bag of potatoes cooking or rather sitting in the microwave waiting for me to check to see if they're done. I know I don't need 5 lbs. of potatoes to make this soup, but I had to cook them before they started growing in my kitchen. I still have to finish cleaning my electric skillet before I put everything together and heat it in the skillet.

I didn't realize how disorganized I was until I started fixing the soup. I don't every remember homemade soup taking this long to make, but then 2013's been a weird year. I'm still in the Mom's house and I'm still looking for a place to move. I don't think there is any use in writing what else is wrong because it would turn this entry into a rant. I'll just close this entry by saying that it's been a long day and it's going to be a long night.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9