Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Thinking too Hard

I have four poems I want to write for contests on writing.com, but I can't think of rhymes for three of them or a theme for the fourth. I suspect I'm thinking too hard and it's scaring my muse, which is no excuse. One of the poems is a form that I haven't attempted, so that may be one of the reasons I'm having difficulty with the rhyme and the theme.

It could just be a matter of relaxing and focusing on something else. I thought I might have found a theme this morning in the optometrist while I was watching the fish swim back and forth or up and down in the tank. Then I drew a blank at the internal rhyme necessary in the form. I'm not giving up, but I would like to finish  the poem before December 21 (the deadline for this week's entry).

December 21 is winter solstice, maybe that would be a good theme. The form I'm using is Irish-English and the solstice would be a good subject. I'm still drawing a blank concerning the first line. I think when I find the first line then the rest will come easy or maybe not. I'll just have to see how it  goes.

Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9