Thursday, December 19, 2013

All Day in the Kitchen

I spent all day in the kitchen
cooking my fingers to the bone
and what thanks to I get
especially since I am alone.

Now I know how my Grandma Mary felt when she cooked all day on Christmas Eve or New Year's Eve. I spent all morning cooking chicken leg quarters and then I spent the afternoon cooking green pepper and potatoes for soup. Now all I have to do is mix the soup ingredients together in the electric skilled and I will have green pepper and potato chicken soup.

I'm going to put all the soup making in the refrigerator until Friday or Saturday because I think I need to purchase an onion and some carrots to go in the soup. I have to go out in the morning for gas and some other things, so I'll stop at the grocery store on the way home and pick up the onions, carrots, etc. to finish the chicken soup. Then I can have hot soup this weekend to go with my cucumber salad and chocolate pudding or chocolate cake desert.



Labels: , , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9