Friday, August 10, 2012

Writing and meditating myself out of my rut


All right, I know that one usually climbs out of a rut, but when I get into one my writing suffers. I have been doing a good job of posting everyday, the problem is that sometimes I get the feeling that my writing becomes stale and uninteresting.

I feel this way because for the past couple of weeks I have had difficulty writing poems. Usually I write poem using several different forms, but lately I have found myself stuck in just one or two forms. Therefore, I will research and attempt to write in some new forms. In addition, I am setting aside time each night for prayer and meditation.

Normally, I pray and meditate in the morning. Then at noon, I say a short prayer and a prayer at night. Instead of saying just a prayer at night, I will meditate after I say the prayer. I used to do this all the time, but for some reason I stopped meditating at night.

Meditation time
Relaxes mind and body
Refreshes my soul

This should get me out of my rut and help me write. I can write much easier if I am relaxed and my mind refreshed. Prayer and meditation helps me to unstress.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9