Sunday, June 03, 2012

The first unofficial day of summer in Las Vegas


Friday, June 1, was the first unofficial day of summer in Las Vegas. The temperatures reach 105 degrees and the weather bureau released an extreme heat warning. Friday morning I went out in the heat and it was excessive.

Las Vegas driving
An excessive heat warning
Sunscreen protection

While I was driving across town, I realized I did not put on sunscreen or take a tube with me when I left the house. There was a good reason for this, I ran out of sunscreen last year and did not buy any more. I now have an 8 fl. oz. tube of broad spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen. This particular type is Coppertone Sports; I bought it for two reasons.

First, it was on sale. Second, it was SPF 30. At the time I bought the tube, those were my only two requirements for sunscreen. If I like this brand, then I will buy it again. I could like this particular brand more then others. According to the information on the tube it is waterproof, “Ultra Sweatproof”, and it is antioxidant.

Summer is here, at least unofficially, I have to start planning ahead for my outings. Especially, since my care does not have working air conditioning. Normally, I do not buy bottled water because I have two portable water containers. One of the containers, an insulated cup, is about the size of the sunscreen tube and the other slightly larger. I suppose if I need more water, I can stop somewhere and buy a bottle.

Summer has arrived
Carry sunscreen and water
When you leave the house

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9