Friday, May 25, 2012

Coffee essential to writing


This is just my own opinion and I do not expect everyone to agree with me. Coffee is an essential part of writing. Even in summer, when temperatures in Las Vegas rise into the triple digits, a hot cup of coffee is refreshing and pleasant. I cannot write without a cup sitting near the computer. If I am composing in a pen and paper journal, then I have to have a hot cup sitting close by.

I prefer fresh brewed coffee; however, I will warm a mug of leftover coffee up in the microwave. Sometimes I have leftover coffee because I have household duties to perform. I do not drink as much coffee when I wash dishes or laundry as when I write. I think it is because I can lean back from the computer and sip coffee while I am deciding on the next sentence or stanza.

Most of the time, I prefer my coffee black without cream or sugar. Sometimes, however, I do add a tablespoon of hot chocolate mix to my coffee. I do not add the chocolate to leftover coffee I warm up, but I do add it to fresh brewed coffee. Usually, I add the chocolate to my coffee on the weekends because that is when I am more likely to have fresh brewed coffee.

I have leftover coffee during the week because that is when I leave the house for business. I brew a fresh carafe of coffee, drink a couple of cups, and then leave the house. When I leave I turn the coffee maker off and by the time I return the coffee is cold, so I have to warm it up in the microwave. After all, there is no use throwing out a perfectly good carafe of coffee just because it got cold.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 7 Comments

  • 7 Comments:

    Blogger ashu said...

    Govt jobs

    free job,
    railway recruitment
    ibps jobs job alerts

    bank jobs

    ssc jobs


    railway recruitment 2017

    latest jobs

    upcoming jobs

    army jobs

    2:55 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...


    Erailpnrstatus.in
    indian railway
    indian railway train inquiry
    railway ticket enquiry pnr status
    indian railway reservation enquiry pnr status
    train pnr no enquiry
    indian railway ticket status
    irctc pnr ticket
    irctc train timings enquiry
    indian railway train
    ticket confirm pnr number

    2:09 AM  
    Anonymous yoga poses health benefit said...




    Yoga Poses
    Yoga Pose & health Benefits
    yoga for meditation
    yoga for weight loss
    yoga for lower back pain
    yoga for beginners
    hatha yoga poses
    bikram yoga poses types
    yoga for inner peace
    yoga videos

    10:41 PM  
    Anonymous Dudhsagar waterfalls in Goa said...

    This is a wonderful article, Given so much info in it, You can see Travel Nearby best tourist place Best Honeymoon Destination in this page.
    Best Hotels to Stay in Goa for a Luxurious Vacation
    Top 5 Atmospheric Homestays in Goa for a Group

    11:12 PM  
    Anonymous shekhawati kirshi farm said...

    This is really a great support for the latest adviser from online. Really a supportive work for writing a good article.Any one can enjoy it with the style of writing.
    Shekhawati kirshi farm
    Organic farming
    Top organic farm
    Best organic farm in Rajasthan
    Top organic farm in India
    Organic Pomegranate Farming
    Organic thai ber farm
    Organic apple farming

    1:31 AM  
    Blogger Travel nearby said...

    Places to visit in Kannur
    Places to Visit in Malappuram
    Most Famous Beaches and Dams in Kerala
    Places to visit in Trivandrum
    Places to visit in Kochi (Cochin)
    Places to visit in Idukki
    Nearby places to Wildlife Sanctuaries & National Parks in Kerala

    9:16 PM  
    Blogger Travel nearby said...

    Best Tourist Attraction & Things To Do in Palazzo Pitti Tours, Florence
    Top 6 Most Famous Tourist Places & Museums in Venice, Italy
    Important Things to know about Leaning Tower of Pisa
    A Brief Story of Sagrada Familia History & About Antoni Gaudi
    A Complete Guide To Sagrada Familia & Park Guell Tour

    3:26 AM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9