Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A portable Oven Timer helps writing


I think I mentioned the oven timer before when writing about time free writing. I am using the oven timer with other types of writing as well. It the solution to an issue I have with my osteoarthritis. If I sit down too long it is difficult to get up without pain. I have to limit the time I am sitting at the computer writing. I cannot sit down for more then ten or fifteen minutes at a time. Therefore, I am using the oven timer to indicate when I have to get up and walk around for a little while.

The timer prevents me from sitting down too long. It also helps me focus on my writing. Since I have fifteen minutes to write I cannot dawdle, I have to write as much as I can in that time. Sometimes I finish the work in fifteen minutes and sometimes it takes longer, but when the timer rings I have to get up for a few minutes and walk around.

At other times, it does not take fifteen minutes to finish a composition. If it takes me less time, then I turn the timer off and get up anyway. I have found that if I start something else in the time I have left I do not want to stop. It is better, for my knees, to time my writing then to continue pushing until I finish a composition. This way I am not in such pain when I get up that I cannot walk to the kitchen or breakfast room.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 1 Comments

  • 1 Comments:

    Blogger Unknown said...

    Hi,Thanks for the information about this Really nice Post.
    Game Of Thrones Season 7 Prediction
    The Winds Of Winter Story

    12:27 AM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9