Saturday, June 02, 2012

Excessive heat warning on Friday, June 1, 2012, in Las Vegas


Due to the fact that my Mother remained home and in bed on Thursday, I had to reschedule Thursday activities to Friday and push Friday activities to Monday.

The weather bureau declared an Excessive Heat Warning for Friday; however, I could remain indoors because I had to pick up prescription at Walgreens, pay a bill on the Westside of Las Vegas, and get the bandage on my left leg changed. I will get the bandage changed again next Thursday and I hope the weather is easier to deal with then.

Driver’s side window
Rolled down all day on Friday
Hot air blowing in

I have no air conditioning in my car, so I try to avoid going out on Excessive Heat Warning days. I was in a good mood when I left the house Friday morning for my first appointment. The longer I drove in the heat, the worse my mood because. After my last stop, which was at Walgreens, I went to a Mexican restaurant for lunch. By the time, I left the restaurant I was in a better mood.

When I finally got home, I made the mortgage payment online and then sit down to read my paper. I fell asleep and I slept until Mom returned home at about 3:15 PM., I did not much accomplished. Today I am playing catch up, but at least I do not have to go outdoors in the heat to catch up.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9