Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Please wait a few minutes after you knock


Wait a few minutes
It takes five minutes or so
For me to respond

It happened again. Someone came to the door and knocked, when I did not respond immediately he left. This happens all the time; someone knocks or rings the doorbell once. If I do not respond immediately, the person leaves presuming I am not home.

It takes me more then three seconds to get to the door. It takes me at least three seconds to get out of a chair. If I am on the couch, it takes longer because it takes five minutes to get off the couch. It most likely is not a big deal because the person probably just wanted to sell me something or do yard work. Still it is irritating to struggle to get up from a chair and then have the person leave because I did not answer the door fast enough.

I suppose there is also the possibility that he was casing the house. I have my cell phone next to me all the time, so I can dial the emergency number. It makes me uncomfortable when someone comes to the door and knocks only to leave. Maybe I will put a note on the door that says wait a few minutes, I will answer eventually.

Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9