Sunday, May 27, 2012

Get outside in the sunshine


My Grandmother always encouraged my siblings and me to “go outside and play”. Whenever we visited Grandma and Grandpa, my Grandmother always shooed us outside while she fixed breakfast. Then I did not understand why she did this, but now I understand.

I was in a “brown study” this morning. I did not want to write anymore, in fact, I did not want to do much of anything. I decided to take a bag of trash to the garage. I put the bag in the trash and then stood liking around. I noticed that my newspaper way lying in the driveway, so I went to pick it up.

The sunshine changed my mood. Once I walked in the light of morning, I wanted to write again. As soon as I got into the sunshine, I was happy again. I felt good. I did not want to give up writing or anything else. The only explanation I have is that the sunshine changed my mood. It made me happier and less depressed.

I think that after sunrise, the first thing I need to do is go outside. I do not have to have a reason to go out and stand in the sunshine. True, I usually have trash to go to the can in the garage each morning, but that is because I do not like to go into the garage after dark. There are too many creepy crawlers in the garage.

If I stand in the sunshine long enough, usually five minutes or less, I find a subject for a haiku or some other poem. No matter, how long I stay outside in the morning; I have to go out after dawn in order to change my “dark” mood. I will add this to my morning ritual.

Light changes my mood
And sunlight makes me happy
A morning outing

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9