Monday, May 21, 2012

Primary Election coming in June


I received my Official Sample Ballot for Clark County, Nevada today, with the Primary Election scheduled for Tuesday, June 12 and early voting between May 26 and June 8. I immediately put those dates on my calendar so that I do not forget them.

I always vote in both the primary and general election. In past years, I participated in the early voting because I worked the polls on Election Day. This year I will not work the polls due to the difficulty in getting someone to be at the house when Mom gets home from the daycare center. Since I cannot work the polls this year, I think I will vote on Election Day.

I always enjoyed going to the polls on Election Day to cast my ballet. It always brought back memories of my grandparents. My Grandma and Grandpa Newland never missed an election. They always went to the polls to vote in both the Primary and General Elections. Perhaps that is why I do my best to vote in both those elections.

Author’s Note: I am 65, years old and my memories of the way voting technology has changed since I first voted at the age of 21 would make a good subject for an article or blog entry. I will have to think about this and write down some notes before beginning the piece.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9