Monday, April 30, 2012

Muse Monday: Early Morning noise


On Monday my muse
Wants to write poems to my
Neighbor’s barking dog

I get up between 3:00 and 4:00 AM (when my alarm goes off). About first light this morning, a neighbor’s dog was barking. This is unusual because they do not leave the dog out at night. That dog usually goes outside later in the morning, however, today he or she was barking at something.

I set on my bed listening to the dag. It was not an angry bark, so I do not think the dog saw any strangers in the neighborhood or its yard. A cat may have startled it or another dog. It did not bark very long, when it stopped I got up. Sometimes I enjoy just sitting on the side of my bed and listening to the noises in the neighborhood.

One of the neighbors’ has a Harley, I love listening to that bike as he rides to work in the morning. I think the sound of a Harley-Davidson motorcycle is beautiful. I enjoy just sitting and listening to it and the other neighborhood noises, especially this time of year.

If I listen carefully, I hear baby birds chirping in their nest. I hear adult birds singing, marking their territory with song. There are all sorts of wonderful sounds early in the morning, if a person just stops to listen.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9