Friday, April 20, 2012

Warming up in Las Vegas


The temperatures rose into the 90s. It is getting hot in Las Vegas and it will get hotter. This morning, when I went to the grocery store I didn’t know how hot it was until I got to the grocery store. I didn’t listen to the news and weather this morning; however, I have to start so I can dress appropriately. Since I don’t have cool air in my car I have to be more aware of the temperatures.

Temperatures warming
Pushing ninety-five degrees
Las Vegas is hot

I have set the thermostat to 79 degrees and I hope I can leave it at that temperature this summer, but that depends on my mother. Mom is ninety-one years old, she has Alzheimer’s disease, and she get cold, even in summer she gets cold. This morning she complained about being cold and it was about 75 degrees in the house. If Mom complains about the cold when she is home, then I have to raise the indoor temperature so that the cool air does not come on often.

Perhaps, there is another solution. I will have to think about this, maybe move the couch because it sits right under one of the vents. I could also have Mom sit on the love seat, which is far enough away from the air vent. I’m not sure I can take having the thermostat set higher then 79 degrees again this year.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9