Saturday, March 24, 2012

Weekly Writer’s Quote: An alternative world



There are many reasons why novelists write – but they all have one thing in common: a need to create an alternative world. ~ John Fowles

I think this quote sums up my week. This has been an interesting and stressful week. Come to think of it all my interesting weeks are stressful and my uninteresting weeks contain no stress. I do not get much writing accomplished during the uninteresting week. However, I have not had an uninteresting week in a long time.

You may ask, “What does an interesting week have to do with creating an alternative world?” The alternative world is one in which I do not have two doctor’s appointments in the same week. This week the appointments were on Wednesday and Thursday, next week the appointments are on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Doctor’s waiting room
Cold enough for a sweater
Too hot for a coat

One positive aspect of this week is that I could wear my new red sweater.  I have had the sweater for about two months, but it was too cold to wear the sweater. It was also too warm to wear both the sweater and the coat. This year the weather has been weird, so weird that sometimes it seems like this is an alternative world.

Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9