Monday, March 19, 2012

Mundane Monday: I got out of my writing rut today


For the past several days, I have felt like I was in a rut. I felt like I was stuck in my writing and daily life, but today I got out of that rut. When I left the house today, I wore red. Normally, I wear neutral colors such as tan or gray. It is amazing how much better wearing a bright color makes you feel.

I also did something different when I went to the service station to buy gas. About once a month, I stop at a full service station in order to have the tires and fluids checked. On these occasions, I usually buy only $20.00 in gas. Today when I stopped at the service station, I had the attendant fill the tanks up. Today I spent $50.00 in cash for a tank of gas.

I have never paid $50.00 for gas before today. The reason I paid so much today was the combination of a nearly empty tank and the high cost of gas. I will not let my tank get that empty again because normally I do not keep that much cash on me. I usually keep $25.00 or less in my wallet, so I cannot get more the $20.00 in gas. It felt so good to go into a full service station and have the tank filled up. It helped get me out of my rut.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9