Saturday, January 14, 2012

Weekly Writer’s Quote: The role of a writer

“The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but to say what we are unable to say.” ~ Anaïs Nin

The roll of a writer
is to speak for the voiceless and downtrodden multitude,
the disenfranchised components
of humanity.

This is the beginning of a new poem, with the working title “The Roll of a Writer”. I know there must be a better word then “components” and I will find that word when I finish the poem and begin the rewrite, but for now I am keeping the work in the first stanza.

The roll of a writer
is to wage peace,
while the armies of nations
stand ready to
wage war.

I am not sure how many stanzas this poem will have when completed. I think I want more then two because I have more to say on this subject. However, I am composing this entry while fixing breakfast for my Mother and me. The microwave just sounded, so I have to see if our breakfast is hot and ready to eat.

Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9