Monday, January 02, 2012

Reassessing one of my 2012 writing goals

It’s Monday, January 02, 2012 and I am reassessing some of my writing goals. The goal I am reassessing is daily blog postings. I set daily word count goal for this blog at 200 words; I think I will lower that to 100 words or posting every other day.

It has been a long day. I am tired, so I think that has to do with the reassessment. I started out the day writing and doing laundry. The morning writing worked out well. Maybe I should start the day by posting to this blog first before I get tired. Once I get tired, I have difficulty focusing on a single subject.

I can do a free-write when I am tired without thinking, but when it comes to writing on a specific subject or theme I encounter problems. Before I give up the idea of writing a 200-word daily post to this blog, I will change attempt composing a post before doing anything else. I will try that for a week or so before changing my mind about this specific goal.

Sometimes morning writing is easier then afternoon or evening writing. At other times, it is easier for me to compose a post in the afternoon or evening. I will attempt morning post for a while, in addition, I need to figure out why my muse is more active at certain times of day then others.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9