Tuesday, December 27, 2011

New Resolutions (Goals) for a New Year – Part 1

As anyone who reads my blog on a regular basis knows, I prefer the term “goals” rather then “resolutions”. Other people prefer the term “resolutions” for goals set at the beginning of a New Year. While there is a slight difference, at least, when it comes to the definitions those terms appear interchangeable. Therefore, I am using the word “resolutions” to refer to my new goals for the coming year.

On December 24, 2011, I turned 65 and I am now eligible for Medicare. I joined a Medicare advantage plan with a nationally know health care provider. One of the advantages, to the plan I joined (besides cost) is a free gym membership. The first goal on my resolutions list is to join a gym.

I spoke to a customer care representative from my health care plan and she gave me the names of four local gyms to consider. The gym I chose must be close to my house, while I do have a working car; I do not want to drive very far for a weekly or bi-monthly workout. I have only two requirements for the gym. First, it must be close to my house. Second, it must have a pool.

To state the resolution concretely, in 2012 I will join a gym within 10 miles of my home that has a pool and will exercise a maximum of once a week and a minimum of twice a month.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9