Sunday, January 01, 2012

Sunday Comics: Happy New Year

Today I read all the Sunday Comics. Normally I read only the comics I like, but this is New Year’s Day and Sunday, so most of the comics have a New Year theme. The comic Cul de Sac brought up a superstition my Grandmother always followed on New Year’s Day. Grandma would never do laundry on January 1, because of that superstition.

In Garfield, the scales were lonely because no one wanted to know their weight after all the holiday food. The last time I used a scale the doctor weighed me and I noticed I had gained weight. I need to use my bathroom scales at home, then I would know if I gained or lost weight. That sounds like a good New Year’s resolution to me.

I enjoyed reading the Sunday Comics because most of them concerned New Year’s, New Year’s Day, or New Year’s resolutions. Over the Hedge covered the Mayan Calendar and the predicted end of the world. I find the discussion of the world ending on December 21, 2012 interesting and sometime amusing, but I do not think it will end. True, I do think some changes will occur this year, but the world will not end.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9