Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sunday Comic Memories from my childhood

I remember sitting on my father’s lap while he read me the Sunday Comics. We sit at the kitchen table and he would read the comics aloud between sips of coffee. At the time, we lived on College Street in Blackwell, Oklahoma.

I remember watching Dad sip his coffee and wondering if the coffee tasted as good a it smelled. One Sunday morning, I decided I wanted to taste Dad’s coffee. I reached for the cup, but instead of picking it up I pulled it off the table and spilled it in Dad’s lap and mine.

The coffee was hot enough to burn. Mom and Dad rushed me to the hospital. I think at that time, the hospital in Blackwell was on College across from a grade school. At the hospital, the doctor took care of my burns and my parents took me home. This is all I remember about this incident, it did not stop me from wanting to drink coffee.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9