Saturday, November 05, 2011

Turn back the clocks

It is Saturday, November 05, 2011 and tomorrow morning at 2:00 AM, we turn the clocks back. One of the headlines in today’s Las Vegas Review-Journal read “Time to Go Back in Time”, with the photo of clocks underneath. That headline should inspire a few stories or poems.

It is fall and we step back in time one hour, while in the spring, we step forward one hour. That one hour messes up my sense of time for a couple of days. I am not sure how it will affect my sleep. As it is, I wake up sometime between 2:00 and 3:00 AM on a regular basis. Sometimes, I wake up about 1:00 AM then go back to sleep for about an hour and wake up again. This cycle usually last for a couple of weeks and then I go back to my regular sleep pattern.

For the past few day, I wake up about 1:05 go back to sleep until about 2:00, when I usually get up. If this pattern continues tonight, then I can turn the clocks back then; however, I need to turn only three clocks back, which are the alarm, the coffee pot, and the microwave because the rest of the clocks are automatically set back by their programs.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9