Tuesday, November 01, 2011

A writer’s senior moment

Everyone has senior moments or brain hiccups i.e. momentary lapses of memory. You know what I am talking about those times when you cannot find your glasses, your car keys or you go into a room to get an item and then forget what you went after. These are the time you scare yourself because you think you are losing your short-term memory.

I encounter one of those today about the subject for this entry. I cannot remember if today’s entry was supposed to be a Writer’s Perceptive or something else. I will review last week’s entries to see which day I composed the first entry on that subject.

When I realized I could not remember the entry I wanted to make, I was frightened. I knew that it meant my short-term memory was walking out the door. However, after I calmed down I realized the problem was not short-term memory loss, but stress. I know the problem is stress because I can remember my login names and passwords. This brain hiccup encouraged me to write down my subjects on my to do list. In addition, just to be safe, I am writing down my logins and passwords in a notebook.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9