Monday, October 24, 2011

Writing poetry and Writer’s Block

Writing poetry
Line by line composing
Daily happiness

I realized last night that writing poetry makes me happy. I enjoy working with forms. The problem is that I need the information about the form in front while I am writing the poem. I decided the best way for me to remember the forms pattern is to have the explanation in front of me, so I printed off a list of the forms I am using this week.

Sometimes I can sit down and write without a form; however, when I am stressed or confronting writer’s block, I use form poems to keep me going. A form helps me focus while I am looking for the words. I do not like giving into writer’s block because it stifles creativity. I think stress encourages writer’s block, so when I am under a great deal of stress I like to use form to overcome the difficulty I have writing.

Working within the forms pattern encourages creativity. Once the process has begun, there is no stopping the poem. After the poem is completed them rewriting can start and during this process I can chose to keep the pattern or discard it. The final look of the poem depends on choosing the right words among other things.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9